Sunday, December 16, 2007

Living Funeral


Ever since I handed in my letter, so many people have come to me and persuaded me not to leave. I have heard so may praises, so many sweet words, so many encouragements and so much persuasion than I have ever heard in the past 7 years. This only reminds me of one thing "Praises are splashed when one is gone". What a pity! If these praises were made known when one is alive/around, it would have made a world of difference in their lives. Isn't this similar to not wanting to say "I love you", "Thanks" and "Sorry" when someone is with you, but regret not saying it when that person is not there to listen anymore.



One of my favorite books of all time is 'Tuesdays with Morrie'. In it a dying professor will hold a 'living funeral' for himself. It is where he gets all the people who he wishes to attend his funeral together and get them to read the eulogies that they have written to him. In this way, the professor gets to know how much he means in other people's lives and his family and friends get to tell him how much he means to them. I simply loved that idea. What is the use in telling all the precious words to a dead person anyway.




So, if you are reading this, pick up the phone or open up your mail and send that miss you or love you or thanks message that you have wanted to send for so long. There is no better time to say all these then NOW!

No comments: